My apologies again for being somewhat absent as of late. I’ve been super busy, yet somehow found myself feeling like a chicken with its head cut off. I’ll be even busier starting tomorrow (or, er, today?), but the head will be (somehow) reattached. It’s kind of like I’ve been running around aimlessly, trying to get things done while I was waiting for other things to get done, and not actually being productive in the slightest. Now I have a set direction and can get on with it, which seems to pretty much be the only way I can function. Straight lines. I need straight lines to be efficient. Finally got my straight line(s) back.
It’s time to start the big busyness part of time before the release of book two in the Reave Series. (busybusybusy)
Here is what the schedule looks like as of now:
- This morning (before bed), I’ll be getting the last copy of book two back.
- TONIGHT (after waking up), I WILL HAVE THE COVER/BLURB REVEAL FOR BOOK TWO. Stay tuned for that, folks. I’m kind of in love with this cover. (‘Kind of’ was an under-exaggeration.)
- After that, I will start going through the book, which won’t take me long in that form. I’ll make a few last-minute changes (very carefully) wherever necessary, then go through it one more time before starting to format.
- Formatting will take up a decent chunk of time, but hopefully that goes as smoothly as the first did.
- Then it’s back cover done.
- Then it’s checking to ensure it all looks right (formatting-wise).
- Then it’s ordering the proof.
- Then it’s waiting for the proof to arrive.
- Then it’s going through the proof to make sure there are no issues with it.
- Then it’s waiting to release (which I don’t suspect I’ll be waiting long for).
I’m going to be trying very hard to get it out on the date I’ve been intending since the initial push-back. Unless there’s some unplanned setback (which is possible), I should be able to make it. I’ll give that date with the big reveal tonight. Please, someone, cross your fingers for me.
(Also, a little end-note: I absolutely HATE writing blurbs. If I hadn’t gotten help on this one, I don’t think I would’ve been even remotely happy with it. I can’t do shoutouts with links to several of the people who helped me, but I can give one to Bitter Ben.)
(Another end-note: Wording in the blurb is subject to change before release, but only minutely.)